Congratulations on 100 weeks of “playing in the dishes!”
What a treat it is for me to have this blog “up and running” in time to join the celebration over at Between Naps on the Porch. 100 weeks of tablescaping … How fun is that?!!!
My Tablescape Thursday debut is all about SPARKLE! If we were celebrating a 100 YEAR anniversary, the gemstone would be a diamond — actually a 10K diamond! Now that would provide a lot of sparkle — and that was my inspiration…
When I think of “sparkle,” I immediately think of bright white linens and cut crystal with touches of blue and silver. To stretch myself a little, this time I threw in a bit of pink. What do you think?
I started with a white damask tablecloth then laid a couple of risers (baking dishes of different heights!) in the center of my table and covered them with a beautiful vintage bluework table square. On that I placed three large cut crystal bowls filled with water and floater candles, and surrounded them with crystal candlesticks.
Then I started layering: a ribbed glass charger and a floral china dinner plate …
… clear glass plates with silver overlay, a crystal and silver coaster, and tiny platinum-banded stemware.
Next I placed the iced tea and water goblets …
… set out the flatware and napkins (with crystal napkin rings) …
… added a couple of accent pieces with silver overlay …
… tucked in a vintage salt cellar (with the tiniest glass spoon!) … and sprinkled mirror tile “confetti” on the table.
Finally, it was time to add the “over the top” sparkle — and a little something for each of my guests. Do you see what it is?
How about this?
A vintage handkerchief cushions the “10K diamond” paperweight and adds a smile of sparkle to each place setting. Now we wait for our guests to arrive …
Night has fallen and candles are lit as we announce, “dinner is served.”
A wonderful time was had by all! Let’s do it again next week …
These items are NO LONGER available in my Etsy shop.
Items from my personal collection:
* White damask tablecloth – auction several years ago
* Cut crystal bowls – various auctions years ago
* Crystal candlesticks – various sources over the years
* Ribbed charger plates – auction several years ago
* Small silver overlay plates – auction several years ago
* Oneida “Michelangelo” flatware – estate sale several years ago
* Mikasa “Helena” crystal goblets – Christmas gift almost 20 years ago
* Crystal napkin rings – auction several years ago
* Compote with silver overlay – antique store years ago
* Mirror tiles – Michaels (or Hobby Lobby) years ago
* “Diamond” paperweights – Hobby Lobby last week (on sale for $2 each)
Are you beginning to see a pattern? I pick up a lot of pretties at auction! If you want to learn more about auctions and how to purchase at an auction, I invite you to start following my blog. I’m beginning an entire section called “How To: Auctions”