You don’t need me to tell you that we’re a mobile society; always “on the move.” So what happens when the ability to pay for that movement is hampered?
What if finances are limited when…
… a family member is unexpectedly admitted to the hospital — an hour away?
… a family member or close friend dies — in another state?
… use of vehicle is lost due to breakdown or accident?
… gasoline prices rise with no end in sight?
… (fill in the blank)
Events like these put into motion a whole sequence of unanticipated expenses. Some people are fortunate to be able to absorb the expenses with minimal inconvenience. Others? Well, for some people a “surprise” like one of these is almost
SOCIETY ON THE MOVE: Day 9 of 31 Days of Creative Caring
How can we help?
- Gas cards
- Money for toll roads/parking
- Mass transit passes
- Fast food gift cards
- Maybe not the healthiest choice, but sometimes the best option when spending time at the hospital with a loved one is a higher priority than cooking.
- Use airline miles to pay for a flight
- You may also have hotel or rental car discounts you could offer.
- Care for pets (or pay for boarding)
What other ideas do you have?
Have you ever been on the receiving end of creative caring during such a time?
This post is part of a 31-day series. To read previous posts, go HERE.