Some of you have asked how I ever decided on colors and style for this new virtual home of mine. I’ll let you in on a secret: It wasn’t easy! I love color, and I have some personal preferences, but I don’t really have a favorite. So a few months ago when I started thinking about website colors, I went to my two favorite “collage” sites–Snippet & Ink and The Perfect Palette–and scrolled through hundreds and hundreds of inspiration boards. When something caught my eye, I added it to an idea file on my computer.
The result of exhausting those two sites — and myself? Six “final” color schemes. (Click any pic to enlarge.)
Then I did the same scroll through pics on my computer–thousands and thousands of them–and added those to some of the collages I’d found previously.
So many choices! What’s a girl to do? Keep refining…
I picked one favorite collage and played with all the possibilities–but in the end they felt too “pastel”.
So I started looking at luscious browns and greens… and POPS of red–or grey. I absolutely love these–but I was afraid they would feel like “Christmas all year ’round” for some of you…and eventually for me, too.
And so I looked at another collage. The one that tugged at me from the very beginning. The color palette that combined pretty (but not pastel) blues with gorgeous reds…and warm golds…and look like they jumped right off of a favorite vintage curtain fabric in my collection.
Months ago, the colors felt “just right.” They still do.
Aah, it’s nice to be home!
For those of you who’ve asked what kind of experience I’ve had with my blog design and transfer, I have two things to say:
- Monica at Designer Blogs has been fantastic to work with!
- I’ve had (and continue to have) some character-building moments! 🙂 Please be patient with me as I get my new house in order.
In the meantime… I’m working as fast as I can to “touch up a few scuffs on the walls from the move-in,” but please make yourself at home. I designed this site with you in mind; hopefully it will be as user-friendly as envisioned. Just click on the Start Here tab (original, huh?) and look around as long as you like. Thank you for stopping by! I really missed our visits…
ONE BIT OF HOUSEKEEPING…
- If you typically arrive here via a bookmark on your computer, please update it to my new address: www.myplacetoyours.com
- If you’re signed up to receive new posts via email (but didn’t receive this one), please subscribe again; a few of you had email addresses that wouldn’t transfer.
- If you’d like to receive new posts via email or RSS feed, just click the appropriate button in the top right corner, and I’ll send them your way!
I’ll see you October 1st…
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday at Little Red House
Blue Monday at Smiling Sally